The cabin had an old deck that was rotten and nearing the end of its days, so before working on the siding and windows, it was demolition time.
At this stage the entire deck was flexing up and down as Andrew whomped on it with his Jesus bar.
We decided to replace it with a simple landing and stairs instead—obviously a lot cheaper, but also more fire safe, a big concern for us after last summer. Two friend/carpenters, Dragan and Stefan, helped at crucial points along the way.
He sealed the wood with soybean oil sealer, which is a lot less toxic (and smells better) than standard wood sealer.
For the railing, we used the same authentic grape stakes that we've been using elsewhere for fencing (an idea gleaned from the neighbors across the road).
It will probably be completed later today, but the carps switched gears and are working on the barn now.